Saturday 3 July 2010

Some piccies

About 6 months along the way now, thought I'd post some piccies...



Still some way to go yet, although I would say that there are lots of bits that have been acquired that are not pictured here, including kits for cab and tender body, crankpins, connecting and coupling rods, cylinder castings.... just awaiting machining/assembling! The picture above reminds me that i need to file down the tabs on the main frames also.



As mentioned before, the boiler looks the business. It could be a while yet before it steams... I have spent around 3 hours over the last couple of days machining the tender drag beam and it is only around half done so far - this is a time consuming business!



Mike at Maccsteam also made the tender tank. Although you can't see it in this picture, the tank extends below the tender baseplate with a trough underneath. It has a number of stays and in many ways is no less complex than a boiler so I was glad when he said he would be able to make it. The tender body needs some folding but looks straightforward enough... the tricky bit will be adding the rivet detail - I stopped counting at 180 rivets when I looked at the drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment